REGISTERED OFFICEAtul Khurana
Section 12, Registered Office of the Company
The company after the receiving the Certificate of Incorporation shall within the period of 15 days, have a registered office capable of receiving and acknowledging all communications and notices as may be addressed to it.
The company within 30 days of its incorporation shall furnish to the Registrar verification of its Registered Office in the prescribed manner.
What & Where to mention?
- The company shall paint or affix its name, and the address of its registered office, and keep the same painted or affixed, on the outside of every office or place in which its business is carried on, in a conspicuous position, in legible letters and it should be in local language too where the registered office is situated.
- The name of the company should be engraved on the common seal of the company in the clear letters, on hundies, promissory notes, bills of exchange and such other documents as may be prescribed.
- The company should print the following on letterheads, business letters, letter papers and in all its notices and other official publications:
- Name of the company
- Address of the company
- Corporate Identity Number (CIN)
- Telephone Numbers
- Fax Number
- E-mail ids
- Name of the Website
In case of change in name during the last two years, it shall paint or affix or print, as the case may be, along with its name, the former name or names so changed during the last two years as required
In case of One person company, “One Person Company” shall be mentioned in brackets below the name of such company, wherever its name is printed, affixed or engraved.
Change of situation of registered office
The company shall give Notice of every change of the situation of the registered office, verified in the manner prescribed, after the date of incorporation of the company, shall be given to the Registrar within fifteen days of the change, who shall record the same.
The Special Resolution:
- In the case of an existing company, outside the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is situated at the commencement of this Act or where it may be situated later by virtue of a special resolution passed by the company; and
- In the case of any other company, outside the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is first situated or where it may be situated later by virtue of a special resolution passed by the company:
Confirmation by the Regional Director on an application made by the company in the prescribed manner is required if the company change the place of its registered office from the jurisdiction of one Registrar to the jurisdiction of another Registrar within the same State.
The above mentioned confirmation shall be communicated within a period of thirty days from the date of receipt of application by the Regional Director to the company and the company shall file the confirmation with the Registrar within a period of sixty days of the date of confirmation who shall register the same and certify the registration within a period of thirty days from the date of filing of such confirmation.
If any default is made in complying with the requirements of this section, The company and every officer who is in default shall be liable to a penalty of one thousand rupees for every day during which the default continues but not exceeding one lakh rupees.